Gravitate @ Pausefest 2014
2-player, motion-capture music/visual installation
2 Player Motion Capture
Gravitate uses Microsoft’s Kinect camera to track 2 users in 3D space, placing them in control of a digital world of music and abstract visuals.
Interactive Music System
We built a dynamic music system that matches the intensity of the user’s performance.
Audio Reactive Visuals
Objects pulsing and writhing to create the abstract, visual landscape in perfect harmony with the music.
- 2-player, motioncapture interaction allows 2 people to jam together ( for instance, one plays drums and the other plays melody ).
- 17 minutes of music over 5 musical pieces, with each track seamlessly progressing to the next.
- Intuitive interaction, yet the instruments are expressive enough for unique play.
- A dynamicallylayered backing track system fills out the song as player’s interaction increases.
- As the pieces progress, the users are taken through an abstract digital landscape, with audioreactive elements that causes the world to pulse to the user’s beat.
- ( Optional ) Gravitate includes 2 hexagonal bases for the users to stand on. Each base provides visual feedback by way of coloured LED lighting and haptic feedback from a transducer. The feedback is triggered in time to the users interactions.